Kitchen Fire Guts Lander Home
by Michael Sevren, email@example.com
A mother and her daughter escaped a house fire Friday morning in Lander. Firefighters were called to the home at Fifth and Sweetwater Friday morning around 10 o'clock.
Homeowner Stuart Sims says his wife was cooking breakfast, when some grease caught fire and quickly spread to other parts of the kitchen. Most of the blaze was concentrated to the kitchen area, but the fire sent smoke throughout the home. "Fortunately, everyone got out safe," said Sims.
Firefighters also had to cut a hole in the roof to gain access to flames that had spread into the attic.
Officials have not yet released an estimate of the damage.